I always see this dish during special occasions like birthday party, family reunion, weddings and a lot more.
Depending on your daily budget, this could be an everyday dish.
Here's the ingredients:
1. 800g chicken thigh
2. 5 cloves of garlic, minced
3. 1 red onion, chopped
4. 2-3 pcs bay leaves
5. 2 potatoes, cubed
6. 2 carrots, sliced
7. 1/4 cup green pease, frozen or canned
8. 8 oz tomato sauce
9. Chicken stock
10. Cooking oil
11. Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onion and garlic until the onion softens and the garlic turned to golden brown
- Add chicken and cook each side for 20-30 seconds
- Add the tomato sauce, chicken stock and simmer for 5 minutes before adding the bay leaves
- Bring to boil for 30 mins
- Add the veggies, one at a time with at least 20 seconds interval - carrots > potatoes > green peas
- Simmer for another 10-15mins or until the veggies soften
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Time to eat!!!